Two Feathers

Written by admin. Posted in 2010 Stories From the Road

two-feathers

“Grandfather?”

“Yes, Two Feathers.”

“I see things and I hear things, Grandfather.”

“I know you do.”

“No Grandfather! I see things other people don’t see, I hear things other people don’t hear!”

“I know you do Two Feathers. I knew the moment you were born. You see no bad in people, you see their souls, and you hear their souls. Your name is Two Feathers, one feather is the energy of all its former attachment, and it gives you strength and vision. The second feather is the quill for telling the story of all you see and hear and together they help you fly. If you believe you can fly….you will. You must tell their story to the skies. You have worked hard, you have studied and you have listened to your elders, it is time you go find the mountains and the rivers, go find the sacred place.”

“Yes grandfather, I know I can fly, the corn is over my head and I feel the skies pulling on me. I feel the earth moving me, but I don’t know the way; I don’t know where to go?”

“Go to the sacred place in the Black Hills , the place where all the metal horses go, the place called Sturgis!”

“I don’t know the way Grandfather, how to I find this place the metal horses go called Sturgis?”

“Follow the Eagles, follow the hawks, follow the crows, follow the hunters who fly, they will show you the way.”

“But, they don’t all fly the same direction how will I know if I am going the right way? I will be scared in the rain, the thunder, the wind and the dark.”

“Sometimes they will take you a different direction, but there is a reason and they will always end up where you should go. They will keep you out of danger, Trust the feathers! You have a gift Two Feathers, go. Go see the things and hear the things that only you see and hear, tell it to the skies at night. The rest of us will look to the skies from our stone and wood teepees and the skies will tell us what you have said. We will tell others and ride with you on your way to where all the metal horses go. Your metal horse is waiting, go now two feathers, go ride!”

“I ride grandfather, I will leave now.”

“Two Feathers?”

“Yes Grandfather.”

“I have some old friends who ride metal horses. They belong to the Fucarwe Tribe, find them and have a little fun, tell them Chief “Great Rolling Stones” said hello.”

“Yes Grandfather I will find them and I will find this place they call Sturgis. I will find them both if it takes me many miles and many days, I will find them.”

that-way

Will Two Feathers find the Fucarwe Tribe; will he find this place they call Sturgis? Will the hunters that fly take him the right direction? Will the wind blow him over, will the rain wash him away, will the sun melt him or the mountains freeze him?  Look to the skies everyday and find out what Two Feathers has seen and heard, and help him find the way!

When signing on to comment, sign up under your new Indian name or any name you want! Keep everybody guessing including me, should be great fun!

Cole

Trackback from your site.

Comments (11)

• Open eye

Best post yet!!!! Thanks for doing it again. I hope I can do the trip next year!!!

Open eye

• Truthseeker

I am looking forward to great stories and adventures Two Feathers. I’m sure the hawks will lead you on a long and winding road before you reach your final destination. Ride safe!

• Warrior Stripes

Who am I? Who are you? Look for me in the clouds as you ride.

• Curious Badger

Good start of a great adventure. I will ride with you 2 feathers.

• Swiftwater

Many want to see the things you see and through the eyes of Two Feathers it is so. Take us on your journey as we watch the skies for the many tales you will weave. From your steel pony, you will see many sights to tell about. Even though I too have heard the Grandfather speak, I can not go because my pony is weak and I must gather in supplies for Winter.

• Jeffie Steenhard

Simply just wanted to say I seriously enjoy your work on this blog site and the top quality posts you make. These type of blog post are precisely what keeps me going through the day. I uncovered this post after a very good friend of mine suggested it to me. I perform a little blogging and site-building myself and I am always grateful to observe others adding good quality information to the community. I will certainly be following and now have book-marked your website to my myspace account for others to visit.

• singstothehorse

Great Rolling Stones gives good guidance to Two Feathers! We anxiously await his meeting with the Fucarwe – & we all send powerful prayers to the four directions & ask for many blessings for Two Feathers and for all who he meets in this journey….

• Sunflower Rising

I too am looking forward to this years journey. Thank you for taking us all along! I too will look to the skies and find my way to where the metal horses gather! STURGIS

• singstothehorse

help, i’ve posted twice now, message said my post was waiting to be moderated… now post is gone; i try to register, get message 500, internal server error…
    would like to join in, but…..

• admin

See reply to UNOLEAK its a protection thing on my part. I will get all comments approved as fast as I can. Sorry about the delay. Cole

• Seago

Deister,
    Have a great ride Dude!!!Valle con Dios!!!
    Head on down to Austin if You run out of sites to see and stuff to do. Adios
    Seago