Day Before

Written by admin. Posted in 2009 Stories From the Road

DO NOT GO WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD, GO WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.

It is the eve of day one and here i am in the shop playing on this damn computer instead of getting ready and i am so not ready.

Here is the bike i ride, its a 2005 Springer Classic Β This years motto

Getting Ready

Getting Ready

save the soul
LET”S ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The art of packing a motorcycle for 2 weeks. I know some that only take a couple pair of pants and wear chaps everyday but i hardly wear chaps anymore so here is what i do. During the year i save all underwear, socks, shirts and jeans that are worn out and have holes in them. I roll up tight with rubber bands and pack. When the “holy” (I’m so blessed) clothes get dirty they go in the trash making room for all the souvenirs i buy along the way.
packing 2
Yep that’s two weeks worth right there!
Ok, i might have to do laundry once if i happen to be close to a laundromat during a rain storm

Trackback from your site.

Comments (15)

• admin

Friends, family and those of you i dont even know…….yet, feel free to leave comments
    Cole

• clownhesad

get going you stupid bastard!!!

• admin

I will clownhead and learn to spell your own name

• MI Gal

Ohhhhh the tedious rubber bands. What people really don’t know is he goes to Costco and buys a bucket of 10,000 rubber bands for this purpose. And you wonder who actually buys crap like this πŸ™‚

• admin

MI Gal, I know where you live so be nice or i will use a few of those tedious rubber bands to pop your butt!!!

• Marsha

I found it……… and will share with your mom tomorrow

• Bro Bob

Hey Marsha, Tell me Mom I said hello. She never seems to be i n when I call anymore!

Bob D.

• admin

Thanks Marsha, I think? I feel a lashing coming on from an Old English Major who goes by name of Mom.

• Sully

Easy to see why you are so passionate about all of this – very enjoyable, especially for someone who will only travel this trail through you

• Lucille

Jealousy is oozzing out of this biker girl. I get a two mile ride M-F and 250 on Saturday when I get to head to the farm. Same roads getting old now. Trip sounds great.

• AMY

Now I understand why we never traveled the world and I have spent most of my time in Wyoming and Colorado. I however would have enjoyed going to Mexico, Europe and so forth. The most exiting place you ever took us was Texas πŸ™ Hope you are having a good trip and yes your precious dog is good and spoiled. I see she made the website, but I cant seem to find the pictures of your children and grandchildren am I missing the link? πŸ™‚

• admin

Okay, i will post your pic as one of Sadie’s friends on Sadie’s page then, lol
      Dad

• Sam

I am quite jealous. It looks & sounds like a great trip. I really like the medicine wheel, I understand the feeling. You will have to tell me how to get there. When did you get the springer? Do you still have your other one? I am sorry I missed this one. I really thought I was getting back in time to ride up there. Listen you take care & stay in touch.

• admin

Sammy, I sold the one you knew and got the current springer in 2005. I liked the old one but really love this one for travelling. This one is pumped up but not to the point where it would be undependable. I do have to use the compression releases to start though in lower altitudes. Eventually I will have our ride written as a story in the tales section under “the flight of the delewares” The medicine wheel is located between Lovell Wy and Sheridan Wy on highway 14 alt, probably about 30 miles or so from Lovell. It is located on a good Wyoming map. Call me when you get back stateside sometime.
      Cole

• AMY

Yes you can title the pic “The one who lost her inheritance to a dog” πŸ™